View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 10:44 AM   #3
Philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
I don't know of anything in Peach Springs. You might check if there is anything in Seligman. Reservations for Supai opened last fall, so I suspect they may be a bit hard to get, particularly for the Lodge. And you will want 2-3 nights there. The trail head is a pretty good drive from anywhere. It is a rather strenuous 8 mile hike down a sand wash. Out is much more difficult. You are on your own for the Skywalk...they do have a website. I do know the Skywalk is very expensive (close to $90.00) and a long drive on a dirt road. I would not take my TM there.

Give us some ideas about the time you have and I'm sure you will get some suggestions.
Scott,

Thank you for the information. I am checking your suggestions.

I have about five days to burn in the south west area of the Grand Canyon - if I have need to!

You seem to be a bit familiar with this area. I notice an RV campsite in a remote old mining town, Chloride Arizona, south and a bit west of the west end of the grand canyon. It is actually not too long of a drive to the west end of the Grand Canyon from this campsite. Do you know anything about this town or campsite?

Thank you for your help,

Phil
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote