View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 11:32 AM   #1
Philip

Default Campgrounds Near The Havasupai Canyon?

We are in the process of planning an extended three month trip out west this spring. We plan to be at the south rim(Canyon Village) of the Grand Canyon in late April. From there we want to go to the Havasupai Canyon area and make reservations at the Havasupai Lodge in the canyon for one night.

The question is: Are there any campgrounds close to the Canyon where we could get into with our 2720 TM for a night or two? We most likely will not get to the canyon area early from Canyon Village, as it is a fair drive, and we do not want to hike the ten miles down to the Havasupai Lodge late in the day. Since we have no experience with the Havasupai Canyon area we would also like to have the option of exploring the area after we leave the Havasupai Lodge should we find the area interesting. This would also require a nearby campsite to set up the TM.

Yet another question I have concerning this southwest area of the Grand Canyon relates to the Skywalk platform in the extreem west end of the Grand Canyon. Are there any campsites near this platform to set up the TM? I would like to stay as close to this platform as possible. I realize that this may be a real "tourist trap" and my wife doesn't have any interest in stopping there but I think it could be a fun experience(like a good roller coaster).

It would really be great if I could hear from someone who has done the southwest section of the Grand Canyon recently and could give me some real tips. I am finding little clear information online about the details in this area and as we all know "the devil is in the details"

Any help would be appreciated.

Phil

2008, 2720 TM
2005 Toyota V8 4Runner
Prodigy
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote