View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 08:50 PM   #7
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

That's my thoughts regarding the rims. I'm not increasing the weight being carried just not as close to maxing out the tires.

I will pull it back with the old tires. It will be slow going. I would stop and get tires, but it seems every time I go to get the tires I want. It seems the tire shop has to order them and I do want to measure to see if I can go with a 15. I will not be pulling it back with a WDH, so I won't have all extra weight being distributed to the trailer tires and from the dips in the road being applied to the trailer axle from the WDH.

Just my thoughts. I would only use radials. Had my fill of bias ply tires and feel radials are much safer. I have had very good success with the Marathon tires and we do a lot of miles on our trips and we're hard on them traveling on a lot of poor quality roads. The thing I like with radials, is you can drive for hours and stop and when you feel the tires there the same temperature as the TV tires. The bias ply tires would almost burn. Also, the feel of pulling bias ply there is a secondary response feel when entering and exiting curves, where with radials it like the trailer is on rails.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote