View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 03:46 PM   #9
MarkoPolo
TrailManor Master

As a follow up: My DW and I installed the Andersen No Sway weight distributing hitch today. We will be taking it out next Thursday for eight days camping in the Colorado Rockies. A couple of comments about the hitch.
Beautifully made: impressive machining and welding. Fairly straight forward to install on the 2922KD. I'm not the most mechanical guy, but it went well.
You do have to purchase (if you don't already have) 15/16", 1 1/8" sockets, 5/16" allen wrench, torgue wrench and 7/16" metal drill bit.
On this trailer it positioned best by removing two links from each chain. That way you don't have to re-position the emergency brake module or the clamp holding the trailer electrical hook up cable. This required another trip to Harbor Freight to get a 36" bolt cutter. I measure ease and complexity of projects by how many times I have to go back to the hardware store or lumber yard to finish--this only took two trips
This was made easier for me because of some great advice from clan_salmons via private messages on his experiences with the hitch. Again, ya' gotta love this forum! So many knowledgeable, helpful members.
I will post my observations on how it handles the trailer on the road after we get back.
Mark
MarkoPolo is offline   Reply With Quote