View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #29
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

[QUOTE=ED-n-KEL;91070]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePair View Post
How much support do you feel you need?/QUOTE]

I'm speaking about buying NEW since that's what the thread was about. If I'm going to pay $30k for something new, I expect support, not in the drive for a day, spend a night or two in a hotel on my dime, drive back in a day support, but convenient support.
How many of us would go buy a new $30k car from a dealer 2 states away? Not many I assure you.

Don't get me wrong, as I tried to convey, if I like/want an item, I'm willing to do what needs to be done, etc, but this issue is certainly one of the main "speed bumps" that TM faces.
The "masses" (90% of people) are basically lazy and ignorant. They don't want to research anything about anything they buy. They want to go to JoeBlow Mart and buy the pink one because it's 10% off and go home with it that day. They are not interested and researching why a TM is priced the way it is, etc, much less drive 2 days just to see or put their hands on one.
We bought new from a dealer in Tx, the TM hasn't been back to dealer. The closest dealer to us and I don't see eye to eye. My experience is warrenty work is A. never convenient; B. usually isn't done right. I do my research and then bought from the dealer with the best price no matter how far away.
If I have the skill I fix it myself. If I don't it goes to some who does.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote