View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 08:21 PM   #3
LostTrail

Default Discounts

I've always heard and seen good things about the Tundra but I've always been a Ford guy myself.

I recently bought a 2010 F150 XLT, 5.4L 2WD with factory tow package and built in brake controler on the dash. 6.5' bed with extended cab, Tow rating is 9800LB, 6 speed automatic. It was $33K, After rebates and discounts it was 28K before trade in. Empty it gets 21 mpg on the interstate if you keep your foot out of it. My point is that Ford and the others have a lot of deals so to get an idea of real cost you might want to go by a dealer if your interrested.

DW and I are still hunting for our first TM but I have towed a trailer with my F150 and it does great. It weighs in at 5200LB empty and has a full box frame so its very stable on the road even in bad weather and around Tractor Trailers. It took a while to get used to parking it though as I had previously owned a Ford Ranger. Lots of good choices out there!

BTW.. 4X4's are great if you need one but if you don't keep in mind that they get less fuel mileage, cost more to buy and cost more to operate. The thing that shocks most people is when they find out that a 4X4 actually has LESS towing and hauling capacity that the same vehicle in a 4X2. It's because the drivetrain adds weight and load to the vehicle. I do admit that I've always wanted one, I just never had need for it.