Thread: TV Purchase
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #24
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Since you are considering the Durango, I would also suggest looking at the Durango with the 3.0L diesel engine. It is said that it will be available in the 2013 models.

I have a 2007 Grand Cherokee (same chassis as the Durango) with that diesel. I traded my 2004 Grand Cherokee with a 4.7L V-8. Huge difference in towing ability! The diesel also gets better mileage than the 4.7L V-8.

We also have a 5.7L Hemi V-8 Grand Cherokee. The diesel tows much better than the Hemi, also. Plus, the mileage is much better in the diesel than the Hemi. Since you are looking at the Durango, I would strongly encourage you to consider the diesel. Fuel has been cheaper than regular unleaded lately, but you have to watch. There is a difference of as much as $0.40 per gallon for diesel at the different stations around town, even when I am buying it for less than unleaded at some stations.

I didn't think I would be a diesel advocate, but I am a convert. I won't consider anything else for a TV in the future, if I have that option.

Well, as I am reviewing the posts, I see that I have missed an entire page, and that you purchased the Hemi Durango. Much better choice than the V-6. But, I will leave this post here, as I do want to encourage anyone else considering a tow vehicle, to consider a diesel. I am very happy the salesman suggested it!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote