View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #45
dmm219

Default 2417

I guess I'll go the other way on the "market" argument for the 2417. In my mind, if TM wants to be successful, they HAVE to broaden its appeal...especially at their prices. They are competing against much more roomy and luxurious RVs in this price range...so they will lose competing there every time. They NEED to make these things small and light enough so that just about everyone can tow them WITHOUT buying a big new TV.

This is a step in the right direction as the 2619 is still too big and heavy in my book to pull with most 6 cyl minivans, small suvs and crossovers. In order to make these things competitive they HAVE to make so the buyer does not also need to invest in a new TV.

In my humble opinion, the 2417 is the best move they have ever made. Add to that the fact they fixed the two main complaints of TMs in the past (small beds and recirc toilet) and I think they have something. I know this is the only TM that I would consider buying (though i'm about 3-4 years out from buying one).