View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 12:21 AM   #9
PopBeavers

My Honda 2000 will start, but not restart, the a/c at sea level.

If I turn off all breakers in the TM except for the a/c then I can restart the a/c at will as many times as I had the patience to do.

The Honda 3000 comes on wheels. I do not think I could roll it into my truck by myself.

The Yamaha 2400 as a pair of handles. You carry it in front of you with two hands. My back would not survive that.

The Honda 2000 has a single handle on top. I can carry mine with one hand alongside me. If I ever get a second Honda 2000 then I can carry them both at the same time, one in each hand. Well, at least for a few more years.

I am in California as well as the OP. I have no use for the a/c in California. If I think I need to run the a/c then I camped too low. Next time I will camp at a higher elevation. We normally camp between 5,000 and 8,000 feet.

I have no information on other brands. Some people like the Bolly (not sure of the spelling) but I have never seen one. There are also a few others. One debate about different brands is where to go for repairs when you are on the road. Honda and Yamaha seem to be the easiest to find repair shops for them.

There are two companies frequently referred to regarding the best price. Wyse Sales is one and I don't recall the other one.