View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
Jdr999

Default Available storage in a 2720

Hi guys,

I'm very interested to see exactly how much storage space is available on a regular TM 2720. If anyone has any pictures or information I'd appreciate it!

There are 6 of us (2 adults/4 kids) so the dual beds plus dinette seem like enough sleeping quarters, as long as we can find places for our gear. My garage has about 19'3" so I think a 2720 with a swing hitch would make it in.

We usually carry:

Clothes for 6, linens, towels, shoes, jackets, etc.
Pantry of food
Perishables and drinks
Weber Q-120 grill
6 camp chairs
Camp tools, hand tools, and emergency repair parts
Trailer equipment / leveling / chocking / sewer / etc..
8 spin fishing rods & tackle box
2-3 fly fishing poles & vests
14' folding Portabote with seats, transom, ores, lifejackets
55lb trolling motor
4-6 mountain bikes

Aside from the mountain bikes everything fits into our current 25' hybrid bunkhouse just fine.. And when needed we can place four bikes inside the trailer while on the road.

I do like the hybrid but I can't store it at home due to zoning. I'm only allowed 24hrs max for loading/unloading. Naturally, as soon as I bring it home I'm assured that the police are already on the way.. Aren't neighbors great? After seven years it starts to get old! I miss the old popup days when I kept it in the garage out of the sun & weather, didn't have to worry about neighbors or police, could work on it whenever I liked, and didn't have to spend $2K+ per year in outside, uncovered storage..

I'm also bummed to hear that TM is having "issues" just when I'm starting to consider one!

Thanks!
Joe