View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 08:17 PM   #16
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Hi gang,
I have enabled moderation for all new members. They will not be able to post until I clear them. If this affects you as a new member, I apologize, but I won't change it until we get this resolved.

I have run a number of BB's over the past 13 years...PHPBB, YABB, etc, but the reason that we run VB is that it is very well supported. We have been and are still on occasion the target of hackers. Using VB kept us afloat, and the available mods for the forum are solid. Almost all of the top BB sites run on VB, and there is a reason for that. Enough on this subject.

At this point, I am locking down the board tighter so that we keep things out. I will personally have to verify any new user for the next couple of weeks and that will also show me if there are other things going on like data base injections. I'll spare you guys the details, but we should be able to make this stop pretty quickly if I don't let anyone but people I verify on to the board.

Thanks!
Ct..
"WOW" it is even worse than I thought sorry you have been dealing with so much Chris. Sounds like more than standard spammers. I hope you didn't take any offense to my comments & suggestions I was just trying to pitch some ideas out there as to how we handled SPAM in the past but I am sure I am behind since I haven't modded or administered any boards in quite awhile.

I do think strict Moderation is a good way to go for now though since so far all automatic scripts always get beat at some point.

I stay pretty busy these days with my business & sites but if you need some help just ask & I will try to help out if possible.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote