View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
Beach Boy

Default Wood In Older TM's

I have been looking today at some old archived TM webpages. I noticed that the "Construction" page in the 1990's is the same wording as to today (see 1999 page below).

I have read that TM's newer than 2003 have no wood in them. Where is the wood in older TM's?

Compare our countertop to theirs:

We looked at everything to make sure we're building the strongest, lightest trailer available. Even our countertops are specially built to save weight without compromising strength. TrailManor's lightweight laminated countertops cost more to build but are only half the weight of particle board.
Typical trailer countertops are made of heavy particle board that can swell with moisture. We don't use particle board or chipboard anywhere in the trailer.
————————————————————————
Innovative wall construction saves hundres of pounds:

TrailManor walls and roof are built using a special laminated construction of polystyrene insulation with aluminum on both sides. Our special lightweight walls are better insulated than conventional travel trailers. It's more expensive to build a trailer this way, but it cuts hundres of pounds from the overall weight,
making towing easier.
————————————————————————
Our floors give you a solid foundation to stand on:

Our 3" floors feature a special laminated construction that is stronger, more durable, lighter, and better insulated than other trailer floors made from particle board or plywood. That helps keep the weight of the whole trailer low for easy towing, yet gives you a floor you can count on. And our insulation means you stay more confortable year-round, and use less
energy to do it.