View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 09:16 AM   #6
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by T and C View Post

BTW, I went into Premium RV in La Habra to order a J hook to put in my drill for the jacks and awning. When I asked if they knew what a Trailmanor is, they guy said, "Sure, we do repair work for Custom RV all the time." I thought, "Ah, they sub work out, so I'll just come here first."

T. Maddux
When my TM was still under factory warranty the frame cracked. The factory said I should just call any local welding shop with a portable welder. I could only find one, and their guy was out on disability, so it would be many months before they could fix it. The factory was willing to pay the cost.

My local dealer at the time was Dinuba RV. He could get it repaired, but I had no way to tow it there, about 100 miles. It could not safely be towed on the ground.

Dinuba RV cam down with their hauler and picked it up.

Back in Rio Vista they had it welded by a local shop, because they were not equipped to do frame welding, especially when it required a factory design change.

My point is they subbed it out.

Every dealer will sub out some of their work. Sometimes it takes special knowledge or special tools. Sometimes it is just a backlog.

Subbing out is no surprise, depending on what the reason was.

Custom RV has been known to perform modest repairs at the rally. I think it is great that they show up and perform shell adjustments on the spot. I have never taken advantage of that, but many have. I know that they do not sub that out.