View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 02:13 PM   #5
T and C
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
I agree.

I had some work done just after Thanksgiving last year and was quite happy. This year I am having a bit more work done, and the over stove cabinet added, but I won't have to drive so far. Matt will be at the Pismo Rally next weekend.
I bought my 3023 at Custom RV in July 2010. They were very courteous and helpful. They answered all my questions and allowed me to spend time on three visits inspecting all their used Trailmanors. They carefully explained how things work. They told me all systems had been thouroughly checked out, the bearings repacked, and the propant tanks filled.

A week after we bought it the DW and I took it on a shake down cruise up to Big Bear Lake. We spent three nights. We enjoyed answering questions and showing off the trailer to the folks who came over to look at it. I guess this goes with the territory.

On the second morning the propane tanks began to make a "tink tink" noise. A few minutes later the fire under my tea kettle went out! Now two 10 minute sessions running the heater in the morning and a few kettles of tea water will not use up 20 lbs of propane!

I took both tanks into town to get them filled. Both were completely empty. I called Custom RV to complain. I was polite to them, but I complained that they had not filled the tanks. They said they had. They did not offer to reimburse me.

We used the trailer again in August for a 4 night trip to the San Jose area. Cooking, heating water, running the heater. Referigerator and hot water heater on AC power. No sweat, did not even have to switch tanks.

Now I'm worried. If they did not fill the tanks as they claimed, did they repack the wheel bearings as they also claimed?

BTW, I went into Premium RV in La Habra to order a J hook to put in my drill for the jacks and awning. When I asked if they knew what a Trailmanor is, they guy said, "Sure, we do repair work for Custom RV all the time." I thought, "Ah, they sub work out, so I'll just come here first."

Interesting, what?

T. Maddux

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote