View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 05:01 PM   #20
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
Ah, so I stand corrected. Adding weight to the TV does take away from the overall towing capacity of my Sequoia.

From our weight readings, we are mostly within the overall weight limits, but not by much. With the trailer attached, the Sequoia full of fuel, and the TM full of fresh water and toilet charged, this is what we weighed:

Sequoia axles: 6,440
TM axle: 3,780 (which I know is slightly above the Dexter axle rating)

GCWR: 10,220

Dave
There are a few more things that you need to condsider. If you use a WDH, that takes ~150# off the rear of the TV and puts it back on the trailer axle.

The other consideration is your front and rear axle ratings and your tires. I don't think it's an issue but one should check.

I'm a ~little surprised that the Sequoia has a 6500# tow rating. I had thought that is was more like 5,000# (not sure why I thought that). That seems like a great TV for the TM. The GCWR (12,000#) on my 1/2-ton Chevy truck is about the same as your Sequoia. My tow rating is actually the same (W/O WDH). Considering your lighter dry weight (I assume) you should have a better cargo and passenger capacity than I do. The only advantage on my truck is the 157" WB.....