View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #12
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

You didn't mention at all that you had looked at the TM Elkmont travel trailer. From the pictures that I have seen, it looks like a real nice travel trailer. It uses the same construction as the regular folding TrailManor, but you don't have to worry about setting it up. It has the full size refrig, and you can get the regular RV toilet instead of the recirculating one if you so desire. It still is very light and easy to tow.

Last week I had spoken to Keith Hulsey at the factory, and they are in the process of making a larger Elkmont based on the 3326 King frame. It will be a 27 foot plus travel trailer. It will have a different floor plan than the present 2 floorplans now available in the Elkmont. He said it should be in production within 2 months. This is what we plan on getting since my friend has problems getting in & out of the bed due to his Parkinsons disease. We have owned 3 TrailManors since 1992, and I think they are a great unit. Sure they have a few problems, but what RV doesn't?????

I think that TrailManor makes a well built trailer, and they use brand name products in them. The biggest thing is that the factory stands behind the product. There are not too many companies where you can call up & get to talk to someone like Ed Lytle if you have a problem. To me this means a lot when you invest a lot of money in the product.

From reading your post, it seemed that you worried about the seals, water leaks, and how poorly it would stand up after using it a lot. I think the Elkmont would eleviate all of these worries plus the Elkmont costs less than the traditional TrailManor.

If I were in your shoes, I would seriously look at the Elkmonts. From what Keith HUlsey told me, 40% of all TrailManors sold now are the Elkmont models. The Elkmont will fill the nitch for people who are uncomfortable with the design of the traditional folding TrailManor. If we didn't have faith in the product, we would be looking at another brand of trailer. Instead, we will be buying an Elkmont and still staying in the TrailManor family as soon as the new larger model comes out.