View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 04:54 PM   #8
CharJack

Bill and harveyrv,
Never confrontational; I actually told Ed how I enjoyed the way our professional relationship was going. I was under the impression we had a mutual respect for one another and a respect for quality in service. I am a professional at my trade and have been so for over thirty years; I may be just construction trash to some, but I am a true and real redneck--that is a complement--my word and my integrity is something no one can ever take away.
But I did just get a message from a Regional Manager--we were gone to haul the TM to the dealer at the time--a 200 mile round trip. The dealer is a person of honesty and integrity and has been EXTREMELY surprised at our experience also.
As to problems, just to name a few--
Hotwater 90 blowout-unrepaired.
Bath wall pin not lining up--made worse so as wall can not set up at all.
Fabric vinyl at left of door on inside not cut properly nor even hemmed--made worse by techs pulling it from strip and tearing it--never replaced with proper piece.
Back hitch tap so crooked pin will not go thru inorder to attach rack--still unusable.
City water connection locked-up and won't spin to take hose--unrepaired.
These are just a few of the more serious problems we have had and at the point we saw these still uncorrected, we stopped looking and just closed it up; then went tent camping--it works every time!!!
Not sure if they fixed the beds or the weathered ;almost rotted ;material on the outside underneath, or the torn from staples into nothing areas inside--as if a bad-sighted person on speed had the gun in their hand, the leaking door, and too many other things to list. Oh, and their driver pulled off and broke and sheared the break-away cable.
We enjoyed our 2720 and ordered this 3124KB special; believing we would get even better quality--didn't happen. Have had it 6 months and been able to stay in it 3 nights total on 3 seperate occasions. Works out to $11,000 a night for lodging plus expense and heartache.
The buck stops at the top; and I feel there are workers on the manufacturing line who should be given the opportunity to seek other employment; and also the one's responsible for signing off on a quality inspection. That's just the way it is in the real bluecollar world--do it best or hit the road.
Anyway we'll see what the Regional guy wants tomorrow. And I have talked to a woman up North that had an even more negative experience than our's. Seemed like a nice lady to me on the phone.
This is already too long. Thanks for listening. See yall round th bend.