View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 02:34 PM   #10
alexcua

Default P3 Installation on RX 330

I was able to get my P3 installed here from a local RV dealer. They had estimated the job at 1.25 hours but ended up taking 3.0. I was charged for 1.25 which makes me a happy camper. I watched the installation and it was not as easy as I had thought. I consider myself to be very technically savvy and yet for the price I paid, I'm glad someone did it for me. It would have taken me longer to research what size wire to use and where it is supposed to go.

My RX330 has a towing package and the harness is located behind the driver's side taillight. You need to remove the plastic bins to gain access to the harness.

We had to run a dedicated wire from the front and the controller all the way to the back. My car was on a lift the whole time.

I had talked to several hitch installers and even our local Camping World here was not confident that they can install the P3 in the RX330. Another one wanted to install a LED converter that costs $200.00. This module was not needed since we already have the harness as part of the towing package. Some guys will try to sell you anything.

I picked up my 2003 - 2720SL last week and the P3 worked beautifully. Looks like I'll be joining this forum soon.