View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 09:56 PM   #19
angler_2

Default Thanks for honest discussion of the TM

Some good honest info here. Much appreciated.
2bcs1jrt... think I've come down to the same conclusion as you did after owning but mine is based upon research only. Seems like there is no other option that will meet our needs except the niche that TM fills but will buy one even if there are some potential issues that I need to live with. Need a hard sided camper with relatively a lot of room that our small TV can pull. I'm not willing to go back to hauling with a full size truck and getting only 3-5 miles per gallon again. After all the good input from all, I'm not as concerned now with the maintenance issues being too bad and quality seems relatively good.

many apologies magdefrau!
not sure what "find a hole to through his money'" means but I think I still get your drift. Life is too short to spend time on ....or worry about ....small things like spell check. Being new to this forum I couldn't find the spell check with a quick scan of the tools. Still hhhhhaven'tttttt and still typing faster than I should. Oh well, C'est la vie!

Bears?? Wow, really didn't want to get everyone off on this tangent. Don't think any trailer is bear proof nor needs to be. Just looking for a hardsided because many of the places we camp at here in the west require them now. No canvas sided popups or tents allowed. I have read many cases of people being pulled out of tents by bears but don't think I've ever read about anyone being pulled out of a hard sided trailer.

Thanks all. Hope to be a proud owner of a TM within the month. Since they are hard to find here locally, I have some questions related to buying from long distance in other sections of this forum that you might be able to help me on.