View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 10:50 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

There are only a few factory options, and of course you would specify whichever of those you want. I'm thinking of air conditioning, TV antenna, swing-around hitch, hanging cabinet, microwave in lieu of oven if that interests you, countertop extension (aka "microwave box"). Awning, of course, if you want it - I have no use for mine, wish I didn't have to lug it around. Carpet vs no carpet may be an option. None of these are easy to retrofit outside the factory, so get what you want, right up front.

Propane tanks and regulator come standard from the factory.

Almost all of what the dealer does is just final delivery prep. To the best of my knowledge, the dealer installs only one item as a standard thing - a battery. As a default, most will install a marine/RV "deep cycle" battery from Interstate, either a Group 24 or a Group 27. This is a perfectly fine battery if you camp with hookups, but a little lightweight if you want to do extended dry camping. In this case, you might want to upgrade to a pair of 6-volt golf-cart batteries. You can Search this group for specific recommendations.

The dealer will probably also give you a "getting started" kit. It will include a white water-supply hose, a slinky sewer hose, and a first bottle of toilet chemical. You should make sure you have all of these before your first trip. He may also give you a 30-amp-to-20-amp adapter as part of the kit.

Can't think of anything else the dealer should supply as a standard thing - or that he has available as a TM-specific option.

Trailmanors are pretty complete - there isn't much else that you "need". As you camp, you will identify a few convenience items that you would like to have. Most of them can be purchased from WalMart. A few items, I suppose, are specific to camping or RVing, so you might get them from Camping World, or any RV store including your dealer. But it is hard to make up a list - most of it will be specific to your needs, and you will find them out as you camp. Do you need a charcoal grill? Some people can't live without one, I have never found a use for one. It is up to you, but you can add one whenever, and if ever, you want one. Do you need a blue tote for sewage? Only you will know, and only after you have camped for a bit. Do you need a cigarette-lighter plug-in voltmeter? Only you will know. How about a complete solar-power system? Again, ...

To get started, your best bet is just to hunker down for a few hours and read through as many posts on this forum as you can digest, particularly in the Technical Forums section. You'll get a lot of ideas from that. See anything that appeals to you? But if you are new to camping/RVing/Trailmanors, your particular list of goodies will come from your own experience, and I'm not sure anyone can give you a definitive answer based on their particular experience.

Have you looked at the Trailmanor.com web site, and seen what is standard and what is optional from the factory? Bottom line is, get the factory options you want, then go camping. You will not find that anything important is missing, you will have a wonderful and comfortable experience, and you can add "goodies" later, as you decide what you would like to have.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote