View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 07:48 PM   #15
boogerhead

I think $2200 is way overpriced. I would agree with the other post that stated $500 or even perhaps $1000 was a reasonable offer. I wouldn't offer a penny more - I do not think it is worth it. As far as repair, I did get into a project about 5 years ago that involved repairing a cabover in a 26' motorhome that had wood rot damage. It was far worse than anything I would have believed, and more expensive too. There are tons of additional items that are needed for this type of repair: adhesives, solvents (cleaner), screws, specialty tools (vice clamps, tap & die, etc), paint, primers, saw blades & drill bits (yes, you will break some), and I'm sure plenty more that I have not mentioned.

Now for the good: There is alot of things that you can do to an older triler that can make them look lots better for smaller prices. Some of the things that I did to the aforementioned motorhome was to repaint ALL of the plastic vent trim, lights, A/C cover, and other misc plastic stuff (NOT sink or tub) that cost me all of $15, but made it look like we replaced all of it. You know how the plastic yellows over the years! I cleaned the plastic with a solvent to get rid of any oils/waxes. I then sprayed an adhesion promoter on the surface (Bulldog). After that dried, I sprayed 2 light coats of quality enamel. These items looked brand new...and all for $15. This is just an example - use your smarts and sooo much stuff will come to mind for less than simply replacing everything!

I wish you well with this, and PLEEEEEASE keep up posted as to your purchase and renovation!