View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 06:06 PM   #10
Glenn in TN

There have been some good replies, but I don't think I've seen this one:

Kids!

Our kids may never camp when they grow up - I did, but my wife didn't. but at least they have had the chance. We have done hotels some. We did a trip to Pigeon Forge, TN for the Wildlife Wilderness Week last January. The weather turned out to be very warm for the Smokies in winter, but we didn't want to take the chance. The Music Road Hotel was very reasonable since it was off season. But when we weren't doing some of the hikes or seminars, the kids were in front of the TV! I know that would be how all of our vacations would go. When we camp, there's always a sunrise/sunset, walk, stream to fish, lake to swim or boat, fire to build, marshmellow to roast (or marsh as they called it as tots "Mom - lets marsh some marshmellows"), etc. They are doing things! Plus we usually go to state or national parks where they learn from some very good rangers about nature. Plus if we ever desire to get out of RVing, we have a trailer we can sell. Depending on how you buy them (always go with used!), you'll end up with much more done and much more money as you can't sell your hotel stays and probably can't give a timeshare away!

Matter of fact, if our kids go on vacation with us when they grow up, they'll camp!