View Single Post
Old 10-20-2003, 08:55 PM   #16
Chris
Site Team

Default Re:What membership gets you

The way it works is that at least once a day I run queries that change each person who signs up into Trial Members. That is what you stay for 30 days or if you decide you want to join, that you make payment. After 30 days, you get converted to a registered guest. For some folks, that's all they want. For others, they want to become sponsors.

Now for the item you list, that's through paypal. I thought it would work easier than it has, so I'll make the changes. It doesn't work very well to have the trial period done through them.

I am working on further automation to get this all addressed, and should have it done soon. I'm learning a bunch about MySQL and PHP.

I continue to run the board because I believe in this product...Still to this day. I was going to transfer the board to someone else as the costs got out of control. Instead, we decided to keep it alive and turn it to a pay site. Since doing that, our membership has gone up dramatically. The 300+ members we list are all actively logged into the board. Every month I go through it and ensure that anyone who hasn't posted in more than 180 days is deleted.

As for TrailManor's participation, we know that they come and read, and some may even post every now and then, but we decided as a group, and as a partnership between the board and TM that it was best that we stayed separated. That keeps our opinions open and honest, and keeps the information that they read true as well.

I would have it no other way.
Thanks
Ct..
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote