Thread: Maxxis Tires
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 11:06 AM   #2
fcatwo
Site Sponsor

I also spent time researching tires and concluded that tire manufacturing, like oil refining, requires massive investments in manufacturing plants and there are a lot more tire brands than manufacturing plants. If Maxxis tires are made in the US or Canada they are likely made in a Goodyear plant although not necessarily to the same standards as Goodyear tires -- could be better or worse although they are likely the same tire. I've just installed a set of Marathons that were made in New Zealand, of all places.

I've also seen trailer tires that were made in China and Indonesia. Those may be better, worse or equal to Marathons but I don't know how you would know or find out. They all supposedly meet the same minimum specs. I went with Marathons simply because I thought I would be more likely to find a Goodyear dealer while traveling to honor the warranty. My second choice would have been Kelleys which are apparently made by Goodyear and are identical to Marathons but are about $30.00 cheaper. Good luck with your search and let us know how things work out.
fcatwo is offline   Reply With Quote