View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 03:09 PM   #7
Skyjim73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
BTW am sure you could find someone with 18s, perhaps a Jeep grand Cherokee to swap. Agree about the sidewalls. I suspect the brake calipers are different for the 17s though.
Padgett, the calipers are the same - in fact the rotors and calipers look undersized to the point of silliness inside that enormous 20 inch rim. Factory 1500 rims are either 17x7 or 20x8, with a rare 17x8 on the offroad Rebel package only - I wish there were 18s I liked with the peace of mind advantage of an OEM rim, because if I were to go for a big brake upgrade, there's a fair chance 18s would be minimum diameter needed. That's the case for Baer and Wildwood's kits for earlier Ram 1500s... Not sure of the offset/bolt circle on the Grand Cherokees, but certainly worth some research...

For now, since the big outlays of a big brake kit are impossible for some time, I'll happily swap out for a set of factory 17' alloys, even giving up an inch of rim width, which would leave my younger, canyon-racer self disgusted! ;-)
3124KB delivered 5/2015 - early unit from Nebraska. TM installed Dometic compressor fridge, lower battery rails, 4AWG batt cable, and PD converter during build. Custom RV installed cassette toilet, two 260 AH 6V batts, 2 UniSolar 64 solar panels, Morningstar MPPT controller/meter.

Tow vehicle: 2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman CC 4x4 3.0 diesel.
Skyjim73 is offline   Reply With Quote