View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 07:26 AM   #12
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryjb View Post
I'm still trying to figure out what you mean by the awning being longer than the original awning. Mine goes from end to end on the front shell just like yours. Was this not normally so?
Remember, I am working from a 2 year old visual memory of an awning I almost never used. My memory says it was a few inches shorter on each end, but I could very well be wrong. I'll take down that comment.

Quote:
Also, I think I actually would prefer the arms for the awning. They provide an early warning system for any intruders, but more importantly, the weight of the awning isn't torquing the connection. Some of the weight is supported part way down reducing the torsional forces at the roof line. I don't know if that is a structural concern or not.
I'm not sure about the Early Warning system, but I agree, at least in principle, with the comment about loading at the roof line. If the legs are vertical (resting on the ground), they would certainly support part of the weight of the awning. If the legs are clipped into the sides of the trailer, I'm less convinced - but haven't looked at it in detail.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote