View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 07:39 PM   #4
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

Hook that Honda up, and then see how long it takes to stop from highway speed. That will be your main limitation on towing with it, not whether it can pull a Trailmanor over a mountain. Trailmanors are light and have low wind profile.

I two a 3023 with a Jeep Grand Cherokee rated for 6500 lbs towing. It works excellently. You should get a WDH whatever you are towing with, unless the tow vehicle manufacturer recommends against using one. Its function is to move the center of pressure from the tongue weight forward of the rear axle, so that your tow vehicle maintains traction. It does this by torqueing the vehicle down by the tow receiver. You do not, however, need sway reduction with a Trailmanor.

I don't recommend the Andersen, because it's really difficult to see how much torque it could develop with its very short lever arm pulled by two chains tensioned by two bolts. I have a Blue Ox, which is fine except that the buttons used to hold the bars can fall out. Once the bars are tensioned, they won't come off whether or not those buttons are in place. There are really expensive ones called Henley and ProPride which are overkill for a Trailmanor.