View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 12:11 PM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

A fair amount of actual loaded weight information has been posted, but it can be hard to find. I think that most of it will be in the Towing Rigs forum, so you might just sit down and scan those posts.

I know that this isn't what you asked for, but I posted some info on my newer 2720SL here

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=3144

Perhaps it will lead you to other info.

I owned a 2002 2720SL for a couple years, and then moved to my current 2006 2720SL. I'm not sure that I see any real difference that would account for more weight. In fact, I would have bet that the newer one weighs a few pounds less, because the contruction of the slideout was simplified. In comparing these two, it appears to me that the basic sandwich contruction is the same, the wheels and axles are the same, the appliances are the same, the propane tanks are the same. In other words, I can't see anything that would increase the weight.

Look for a post by Cheri (2BCS1JRT). She has an older 2619, and I think she posted weight info at some point. That would be another data point.

I'm not sure that NADAGuides is a reliable source for weight info. At best, it will simply restate the weight info that came from the factory, and now we are back to the "What was optional and what was standard?" question. The NADAGuides list of "options" is a precanned list that applies to all trailers, all years, so it is no help.

Finally, if your bottom-line goal is to buy a lighter TM, you will probably have the best luck by looking for a TM that was built without some of the heavier options. I'm thinking about the air conditioner, the awning, a swing tongue, and the set of interior options such as hanging cabinet(s) - and then pack carefully. And stay away from the slideout models - the slider adds some weight. And just as an aside, you might want to review some of the threads having to do with 3500-pound tow ratings, especially if you will be travelling with four adult-size people and all their stuff.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote