View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 01:55 PM   #11
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo628 View Post
You might want to check the lag bolts near the door (underside of the trailer). When I took my TM to Custom RV, one of the things they did was to remove my lag bolts and insert longer ones. This is a common repair for them and was done because they noticed that my door did not set up right. Prior to their having fixed it, I used to have to do the same (re: lifting the upper shell to get the lower portion of the door in place to set up).
Hmmm, now there's a thought. I will definitely check those out, but it's obvious that both shells need to be leveled out, side to side, anyway, so I'll start there.

I just got back from shopping (ugh), so need to close up the TM and move it. I always dread moving it from my barn road to my driveway - it's a tricky move onto the very narrow dirt road, from the very, very narrow road to my barn, with only a short culvert at the end of the barn road, with a deep ditch on each side. Then back down the road about 400', and the "S" turn, uphill, into my driveway. I'm always worried I've lost all my backing skills over the winter. But, as always, I got it up there, where I want it, on the first try. Bummed I have to move it, but it is on the edge of an embankment, with the street side on a jack, tire 6" off the ground, to make the TM level. In the attached photo I took the other day when I moved it to my driveway, you can see how unlevel the front upper shell is, by looking at the front bed base. I'll close her up now, move her over centered on the drive in front of the garage, open her up, and see what I can do about it all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	in driveway.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	15311