Thread: DanLE46
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 11:05 AM   #11
Bill & Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I did PM the guy about meaningful titles. Does that count as "cutting some slack"? This way it serves as an education both for ther OP and for others as well. Simply changing his title does not.

Bill

That does count for cutting him some slack but I submit to you that comments like that sets a tone that is less than friendly. A constructive suggestion would have been to make the change and in the "reason for the change" block put a comment along the lines of "Changed title to make topic clearer and easier for others find using the search feature". A seperate PM to the member explaining how/where to specify the title would have still been appropriate.

As in all posts on a forum this is just my opinion and the way the comment hit me. I may have been the only one to say something about it but from feed back I have recieved I am certain that I am not the only one who it hit that way.

I do feel bad to a degree as I know how much work it takes to moderate a board and it is a thankless job and with two jobs and a wife with health challenges I can not offer to help assist. Let me say that your efforts, wisdom, counsel and explanations are truely appreciated and are a big part of the "value" this forum provides (and why folks still check back long after they are no longer TM owners. There is still good gouge here and most of it has your signature attached.