View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 01:09 PM   #2
2bcs1jrt

Your questions are pretty broad. I don't think they can be answered without some background on the unit. Was it cared for? Was it stored indoors?.
I have a 1997 2518 which I purchased 2+ years ago from a private party. It was well used to say the least. We are the third owners. We have done some work on it but it is more labor intensive than expensive. You can search my posts to see what we've done. The appliances have always worked fine (Knock on wood). AC included. There is nothing that I can think of that is inherent to the age of the unit that would be an automatic expense. Tires are always an issue. Even if they are seemingly unused, if they have been sitting a long time thay need to be replaced...even the spare.
As a trial member, you may not have access to some of the great info on this site. Believe me, anything that can happen to a TM has been discussed on this forum. That include repairs and modifications. If you are not a member, it may be worth the $12 to become one before you make that 4 hour drive.
Our TM has been great for us. This forum has really contributed to our understanding and enjoyment of our TM.

And we DO have an aluminum frame.

Good Luck,

Cheri