View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 03:00 PM   #8
2kids2dogs-n-us

Default We had a blowout

Hi... When we were coming back from our Labor Day trip a few weeks ago, we experienced a blowout. We were not traveling over 65 mph, the tires were properly inflated and in good shape, but it still happened. I'm happy to report that even though the tire completely shredded, we never even felt it happen, no trailer sway or anything. We heard a "pop" like we ran over something, and then the people in the car next to us motioned to the trailer, so we knew something was wrong. I don't know if that was due to the fact that we tow with a truck that has the capacity to pull the weight of 4 TM's, but we didn't feel a thing. We did learn a valuable lesson, however, as my hubby was helping the AAA guy change the tire (we didn't have a trailer jack and the truck jack was too big... guess what we're buying for our next trip?). They couldn't change the tire without unfolding our TM. This was unsettling as we were on the side of the highway right near a very busy turnoff with a bunch of traffic whizzing by at very high speeds. After they figured that out, everything went quickly and we were back on the road.

I can't help you with the other stuff, as we've only had our used '02 3023 since May, and have only gone on short trips. I can tell you that we're very happy with our TM and can't wait to take it out for more fun trips next summer.

I hope the blowout information helps. If you have any other questions about our experience, let me know.

Shannon
'02 3023 and '99 Ford F250 (Superduty Powerstroke)