View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 03:56 PM   #2
wwjam

Referring to the cooking... We have a Cobb, like some of the others here on the forum. Last week we used it to cook a turkey breast, it turned out really good. I wouldn't recommend using the drippings for gravy like we did, it tasted like smoke.

We use a small refrigerator that we set outside on a table. We keep mostly our drinks and some frozen stuff in that one. If we take cheese we shred it first and lay it flat in a baggie. We also put the meat in a baggie and lay it flat as possible. We take frozen hash browns and do the same with those. If I take spaghetti sauce I make it first at home then freeze it. The one thing I have the hardest time with is lettuce, it always gets frozen. Both our refers work pretty good, even in hot weather.

We went camping at a place where there were no sewer hook ups, and the weather was very hot. We were able to get five days out of our toilet with 2 adults and 2 children with minimal use for the solid stuff, and throwing a lot of toilet paper in a lined, covered, trash can we keep in the bathroom. Of course we had to empty the trash quite often. We also used the camp bathrooms during the day if possible. Because it was hot the toilet was getting a little smelly, but it stayed contained in the toilet if the lid was closed. We always try to go where there are full hookups because we're not really fond of not being able to dump the toilet.