Thread: Thank you
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #5
Chris
Site Team

Hey everyone,
I am really sorry that the board was down again, but I think I have resolved the issue. There are some other issues going on in the background, primarily with our host. I had to restore the database from 4/8 due to a failure in the backup system. At least our backup from there was good.
That said, it looked like our attachment database table had gotten so big that it was causing failures. Our board has another option to move it out of the database (faster) to separate files (still fast, just not as fast). The separate file option lets me keep all of the attachments instead of archiving, and to keep the board whole. This is the best option. The conversion is completed today, and everything should be good for another 5 or so years as we continue to grow! Thanks again for your patience. We should be solid from here. If for some reason we're not, then I will start making plans to move the board to a new host. The WWW business is tricky. You're on a great host until they get content with so so service, and then you have to find someone else. Hopefully our host finds their way out of this and we can stay with them. Moving is not easy, and something we haven't had to do in 10 or so years.

I'll keep you posted!
Thanks!
Ct..

www.trailmanorowners.com
www.granddesignowners.com
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote