View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 12:12 PM   #5
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickst29 View Post
They gave me different Ground wires for ~ 12V "input" and 24V "output", the output Ground may very well be a "floating" termination for the 24V side of things.
You can measure continuity between them. Usually these are boost converters and do not isolate their inputs from their outputs.

Quote:
3.3V output "Ground": I've tied it directly to the big Push-Down, because it's CPAP return current comes in on the shared CPAP "Ground".
Why don't you list out all of the connections on the CPAP and your power supplies, so that I'm sure what we're talking about.

Quote:
I have wired a "filter capacitor" with +24V on the "+" side, and +24V to the CPAP coming out the "-" side. Presenting just a small in-line resistor, with no energy storage and release?
Filter chokes go in series, filter capacitors go in parallel. The capacitor goes between + and - of your power supply, and make sure it's rated at least 1.5 and preferrably 2 times the operating voltage, and you have the plus wire connected to the plus of the power supply. Electrolytic capacitors break if they are reverse polarized. Tantalum ones that are reverse polarized explode like a gun shot.

I am seeing pre-built converters with 12V plugs or car battery clamps for Airsense 10 for $85 online. It might be better to just buy one.