View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 08:23 AM   #8
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x2 View Post
I am in the middle of this right now.. definitely need an air compressor powered stapler. I have some pretty wet ... rotten wood in the corners.. not sure how I am going to go forward on that. 95% of the wood is good to go... just in the corners it has obviously been wet for a while.
I have some questions on this very subject. The rear bag seal on our 2003 looks in decent shape but was kinda dirty from being stored outside. I cleaned the outer bag on all three edges with some bathroom bleach cleaner and looks relatively clean now. So I was hoping to put the replacement task off for a while longer.

Then I removed a couple of the rusty looking screws to see what size replacements might be needed. That's when I discovered the 2 or 3 samples I removed were half corroded away already. Hardly any usable threads left and looked like something that was buried in the ground for a while.

There was no visible caulking around the screw heads, and I am assuming the attachment pieces inside the plastic trim are wood strips? No actual leaking inside the camper as been seen (so far anyway) in this area. So is this normal or a sign of a leakage problem? I assume the outer bag material is supposed to be waterproof, so I am thinking I will try some better looking screws and IF there is enough good wood left for them to bite, just leave it for now and keep an eye on it.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote