View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #10
Joseph

Default No speeding..:)

The tires I am experimenting with are not trailer tires. They are basically class D 14 inch truck tires that are used in Europe more so than here. They are not speed limited like most true trailer tires. If I remember right my Marathons were not supposed to go over 65 mph. However I do remember something about adding 10 psi to them to get that 65 mph limit up a bit. There is a very good post from Bill with a link to the Marathon tire data. I forget exactly how fast the tires I have are rated for. Having said that I do not tow over 70 mph. And that speed only in good driving conditions, on the straight and level, with lots of stopping space between me and the driver in front. My rig feels stable at that speed under those conditions. I put the class D tires on not to go faster. But to give a little weight cushion. As Mr. Adventure is so fond of saying ( just messing with you MR. A.. ) and I paraphrase here . . .

It not how fast you can pull your TM that counts... but how fast can you stop it?

Be safe all the time.