View Single Post
Old 11-03-2003, 03:09 PM   #24
azroadrunner

Default Re:The dream became a reality!

Windbreaker, sorry, but this site is located in an area that is extremely remote. The last 15 miles of the road going to the lake is forest road. Mostly dirt and very rocky, narrow and steep. Takes about 40 min to go the 15 miles. There is no electricity at the site. At this time the spring has gone dry so there is no water. Although you see where I parked in the picture, what you don't see is that it took me about 30 min to get parked. Part of that is because I was alone. I was alone because I wanted to get there early enough to get a spot. Deanna came up after getting off work. There are only 3 sites that our rig could fit into. No dump facilities in the area. I dump at home. This is a very pretty and remote site. You have to love it to endure getting there. Not hard, but very slow. Approx 5500 ft elevation change in around 60 miles from our house at 3500 ft.

If anyone wants more info just enter "Riggs Lake" in Google and you'll find more info.

Don't mean to discourage anyone, just want them to know what they are getting into before they start out.

Jim