View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 06:52 AM   #5
JohnMD

I could be wrong, and perhaps there is a plumber who can confirm this. I presume that the rules for RV plumbing would follow the same rationale for buildings. It is my understanding that homes can have wall vents for sewer lines, but that code in most jurisdictions requires the wall vents to be above the highest window. As such, I presume the concern for TM is that a wall vent would be below the windows with the possibility of gases working their way back into an open window. Here is my idea:

TM installs wall vents that have an exterior coupler (some sort of screw on or quick connect), to which an 90 degree elbow and vertical length of pipe (or flex pipe like the sewer hoses that can collapse to a shorter length for storage) can be attached during opening. The pipe would run up along the exterior wall allowing the vent to release above the window. There could also be a bracket of some sort mounted to the top of the wall to secure the pipe. Of course, owners who are not worried about the venting and don't want to bother with it can just store this pipe in their basement and cover the wall vent with some sort of screening, right? But, I think my idea and a disclaimer about its importance in the manual would give TM a way to be in compliance with regulations.

Thoughts?

John