View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
TrailGuy77

Question Anyone tow a TM 3023 with a 3500 LB TV

Hi All,

As some of you may have noticed,I have put my 2010 3023 on the market.Anyway,I am curious to see if anyone here tows a 3023 with a 3500 LB tow rated vehicle? If so,do you feel safe? Do you tow only on flat land or do you tow at high altitudes too? Have you had any problems with your tow vehicle? Do you have to be careful not to bring too much stuff?

The reason I am curious is because I have told two potential buyers that I felt their tow vehicles would be insufficient (possibly unsafe) to tow my 3023.One had a small Jeep and the other a Honda Odyssey.One said they would be towing at high altitudes and the other did not say.My 2005 Tundra does great with a 7000 LB tow rating but I don't think I would tow the 3023 with anything under a 5000 LB tow rating and a good size V6 engine.

Both said they heard their tow vehicles were capable but appreciated my feedback as SAFETY comes first IMHO.My opinion may have cost me a sale but I would feel terrible if I were to sell to them and later find out something went terribly wrong.

Anyway,is my opinion right?Should I be telling a potential buyer different?

Your feedback will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks So Much!