View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 08:42 AM   #4
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Lightbulb On the tongue - you could wire from behind the fridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Personally, I'd go for the tow vehicle location. You would always be sure that you have the unit with you. Or perhaps this is an excuse to install an electric tongue jack. Once you have brought a 12-volt line to the TM tongue, you might as well use it for the TPMS repeater.

Bill
If you don't want to do the tongue jack (which would deserve it's own wire and fuse from the 12V distribution fuse board), you could also pull a shorter "+12 VDC" wire by making a new junction behind the fridge. You can follow the path which TM used for the break-away switch, maybe even using small zip ties to hold the wires together.

There are already a large number of wires going out the TM floor under the rear of the fridge, for a variety of reasons. From the junction, You can pull your new wire through one the existing holes, adding it into an existing bundle.

Although it is possible to split the breakaway 12V near the breakaway switch itself (along the front A-frame), I recommend against doing that - because I don't like the idea of inserting another fault-prone wire nut in that location, exposed to weather and road debris.

(Leave the input power line for the breakaway as reliable and undisturbed as possible.)