View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 06:15 PM   #12
Williams6548

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarF View Post
Thanks for all the knowledge filled responses.
I have an E150 with the factory tow package. The down side is it only has the 4.2 V6. It was a special order vehicle by the Yamaha Corporation. I guess they were only towing motorcycle trailers. The tow rating is 5000. I know I would have to travel light. The seller is including a Reese WD hitch, though. Not sure what model hitch. He told me he got 15mpg towing with a Chevy Astro. I looked up the towing specs and the Astro and my E150 are close in numbers. Not that that should justify me having enough towing capacity.
I just got started in the TM world here but wanted to share my two cents. I have a 2007 3023 I pull with a 2003 GMC Yukon XL with a 5.3L V8 and 3.73 rear end. Most of the information I found says I'm limited to 5,500 pounds when loaded. As a point of reference I towed through TN last week and was able to stay at 70 MPH so you may have a tougher time in the hills with the V6. I pulled a Gulfstream TT through WV in 2009 with the same truck and had to tow in 3rd gear and couldn't get over 60 MPH. I think a lot of it was wind drag on the TT but I was at the max tow weight of the truck.