View Single Post
Old 04-01-2022, 01:43 PM   #2
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesherp View Post
I'm looking to replace the two 6V Costco batteries I bought for my TM . They were ½ the price of Trojan at the time so I took a chance. I got 8 years of use out of them. After 2 years of being home bound I'm ready to hit the road again (I hope). New batteries and tires are on the list.

I can get Interstate batteries from Costco for about $100 (not what I had before). I'm on DC 99% of the time but they seldom drop below 50% (go solar). Most here seem to be sold on the Trojans. I'm thinking of being thrifty again unless someone here can tell me why I shouldn't.

That's really good life out of those Costco Interstates. They have a reputation of getting weak prematurely.

I say, "Costco Interstates" because Costco has Interstate build them to fit into a price range.

The basic rule of thumb is that you want to compare lead/acid batteries (which is what we are talking about here) by weight. You will find that the higher quality batteries that have a longer life contain more lead (thus comparing by weight).