Thread: New to me 3124
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 07:28 PM   #4
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Default Take a deep breath.....

Welcome Cynical

If you are not that familiar with the TrailManor you might want to watch these videos multiple times over before you do anything else. It’s a thread I started with a collection of videos that I found on the net when researching the TrailManor.

See this thread:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=13969

It’s best to have a good nights sleep and not be exhausted when you are setting up the trailer when you are not familiar with it. You can easily force something (not a good idea) and cause problems that were not there previously.

You don’t give us much idea of your age, height, strength etc. and opening the front section can be difficult for a shorter or weaker person. But there are ways to counteract that. Work with gravity not against it.

Where you grab the section can make a difference. I try to grab as close to the center as possible with two hands spread about shoulder width apart. Don’t jerk it, but rather pull up as smoothly as possible with continuous pressure, kind of walking backwards to continue your leverage. The front section is always the hardest.

Once front shell is up and latched, I then go to the back shell and lift that one. Then I pull out the back bed, then go to front and pull out the slide.

Don’t jerk the slide. Pull out as uniformly as possible using equal pressure on both sides. That is what the handle is for. TIP: use an RV slide dry lubricant spray on the channels of the slide. It’s amazing how much easier it makes it to pull out.

Watch in the video to see specifically how the doors work. If you don’t do it right is won’t work or fit well.

Again I suggest you watch the videos multiple times before you go messing with adjustments or you might make things worse.

It’s probably just newbie mistakes. We have all been there. The goal is to not cause problems that don’t really exist, but just seem like problems because of lack of experience.

You will get the hang of it and come to love this trailer as much as the rest of us do.

Good luck and keep us posted.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is online now   Reply With Quote