View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 12:28 PM   #18
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwhouston View Post
Some more shots to show trim and finish on new Englewood TM's.

Larry
In your second series of photos -----

Picture 1 shows the dump valve handle pointed straight up. I think this is an assembly error, and easily corrected. The pull-handle is on the center slice of a three-slice sandwich. The sandwich is held together with the 4 nuts and bolts you can see at the corners. If you remove the bolts and open the sandwich, the center slice can be rotated to any direction. So if I got this trailer, I would simply open the sandwich, rotate the center slice so the handle points outward, and re-assemble the sandwich.

In the third photo, I'm not quite sure what I am seeing. Presumably the silver thing in the lower left corner of the photo is the water pump. The water tank is probably in the black-and silver box, but why such an elaborate enclosure? I don't think I understand how the white drinking water hoses link the low-pressure fill inlet, the high-pressure fill inlet, the water pump, and the tank. Looks wrong to me, but it is hard to be sure.

The blue finned box appears to be an inverter (probably not a standard item, but maybe an option?), and the black box beside it is probably a solar charge controller.

The long white slinky across the center of the picture is presumably the vent hose for the battery, which is in the black box at the far right. It will be hard to get thje battery in and out of the trailer, since access appears to be partially blocked by the water tank enclosure.There appears to be an extra (unused?) outside vent above the battery vent hose.

In the fourth picture (and others), you are right. The arrangement of the electric cords and wires is unforgivable.

And the fifth picture indicates that the old 3500-pound axle has been replaced with a 5200-pound axle. Is that something new, or did I just miss it?
None of this is a crippling defect - it is just teething problems. It is a nice unit, and I wish it were mine.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote