View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 03:35 PM   #16
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

Bob,

Thanks for the information. I am even more interested now. Hoping you wouldn’t mind answering a few more questions.

We usually spend little time in the TM when we are camping but went to the beach during a stretch of nice weather this winter. Having hours between darkness and bedtime emphasized that the couch is functional but not exceptionally comfortable. I don’t know how much better it was when new but ours has always felt soft to me and I noticed the foam is flaking so suspect age is a factor. I was considering having it reupholstered and maybe somehow upgraded to improve comfort. I am a little concerned that I would be trying to make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear, hence my interest in this repayment couch.

Did you replace it as an upgrade or because the original was needing replaced? From your comment about the comfort of the new couch I was uncertain if you and your wife think this is a significant upgrade from what you had.

Like you I am fairly handy and can figure out how to do most things. I am wondering exactly why you didn’t think the couch would fit with the original armrests reupholstered and tables left in. I have the TM in the garage and can’t look at it but eyeballing yours it looks to me like it should work. We have only used the tables a handful of times but they can be useful.

It looked like you reupholstered the front of the couch where the furnace vents. I think it looks good and was wondering why you bothered with the facica piece? People reviewing the couch complained that the couch with legs was not stable so I think I would prefer using the existing box like you did.

Thanks again for the help.

Roger

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote