Thread: TV Purchase
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #8
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxjere View Post
With the unusual features of the TM, I do not believe we would loan our TM out, even to our children. Heck, we have to use a checklist to remember everything and even then, we have closed down completely before realizing we didn't pull the T-handle on the Thetford (1 time) and another time we forgot to shut the roof vent (also 1 time). I have also read of other owners forgetting something and this is from those of who know about TMs. This could prove to be very costly should you loan it out. I would carefully consider loaning it out even it it meant getting more use out of your TM!
I would not have any problems loaning my TM to family members as long as they had the proper tow vehicle, hitch, etc. I would recommend that these close relatives have camping experience and been with me for at least one trip. Accidents will happen anytime, anywhere. That's what insurance is for. I have a printed detailed set of instructions for set up and tear down, step for step. Anyone borrowing my TM knows to be careful and be responsible or else....

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote