Thread: Confused to Tow
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 08:40 PM   #32
moaboy

After reading a few other comments I'd add two additional points:
1. According to my Honda Odyssey Owner's Manual and I quote "As shown in the load limits table, how much weight you can tow is limited by the number of occupants in your vehicle and whether or not you have installed a transmission cooler." For ex from the table 2 occupants wtc 3500#, wotc only 2000# . they calulate and deduct 150# for each occupant so 4 occupants lowers the towing to 3200# with tc and 1700# wotc. So having a transmission cooler significantly increases your towing capacity, at least according to Honda.
2. I understand that advertising is just that, but TM entire concept is based on using a common (and appropirate) vehicle one may find in garages across the country. TM did their "gas test" using a Honda Odyssey. I understand their point was to demonstrate utility and efficiency of a TM, not how fast it could tow up a mountain, but I don't think they "threatened" anybody's safety. Lastly, some of you may have met Steve who was a TM rep who traveled around the country towing his 2720 with a Chrysler miniwan-I know as I saw it in Hershey Pa. Again, he was a traveling ad for TM, but his tv sure seemed to get the job done.