View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 06:50 AM   #2
LittleRhodey

Default We'd buy ours again in a moment

Although you will find all sorts of comments about problems, my feeling is that we are sharing work arounds and solutions to things that are bothering us, like any homeowner. We want our TM to be personalized to exactly how we like it. And some of us are more fussy than others. But we love our TM!

We have been owners for about 6 weeks and have been out camping three times already, in addition to the time we use it in our driveway to acclimate ourselves to all the systems and features. The bed was not as comfortable as our $1000 softsided waterbed but we have added a pillow topper and now are quite happy. The shower curtains added too much fabric to the shower experience, but we have added two walls worth of velcroed clear plastic shower curtain and I love it. The tiny gaps between the walls and the mattress create cold on frigid nights but we covered them and were cozy and warm.

The benefits far outweigh any problems. A 3 way refrigerator that freezes ice cubes and holds lots more than it looks like it might. 2 water heaters that both work very well for all needs. Beds that can be left where they are and not folded up or stowed each day. Storage for all the things we like to bring along with no suitcases or extraneous baggage. A great oven for baking goodies on the road. One of my best memories was camping in a tent but visiting my grandmother's camper for something scrumptious whose scent was wafting through the campground from her oven. Now I can do that!

I read the forum almost daily for hints and ideas and support since the time we began to think about buying a TM, but through it all, I think I have only read one post that stated that they would not have bought the TM. One post from many thousand I have read. That's quite a resounding endorsement!

Ask your questions in the prospective owners section of the forum. You'll get your answers today or tomorrow. And when you make up your mind to join us as an owner, we'll help you make it just like you want it.

Good luck!