Thread: campgrounds
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 11:34 AM   #9
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

Other than in bear country, we never felt unwelcome in popups, but that was a decade or so ago. And Yellowstone never mattered because we couldn't get reservations there anyhow, so we always stayed in commercial campgrounds in West Yellowstone. The campground guidebooks are always great about stating the rules, because the campgrounds don't like surprises either. In a quick Google search, I'm not finding campground references that have the phrases "no tent trailers" or "no popups", so they must not be very common these days, either.

The one thing that I've run into that's not been mentioned on this forum is that there are state parks in Maryland that allow "tent" trailers, but not full sized travel trailers (Cunningham Falls, for example). I haven't decided whether to push that particular envelope with the words "we have a folding trailer, and need a reservation..."!

We are in a curious position in the "for sale" ads where they'd like us be a travel trailer, a hybrid trailer, or a folding trailer, when we're not exactly any of the above. I'm inclined to call us "travel trailers" for those who ask. I'd prefer not encountering any serious campground confusion about all this, so maybe I'll just chose the words carefully from "we have a hard side folding travel trailer".
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote